Until we started our own, we felt the same way.
And now we think there's no better place for us and you— as midlife writers, editors, and readers — to be.
We'll share why we love Substack — and what we've learned about why and how to read, write, and connect on this wonderful yet often puzzling platform.
Ask questions and learn together.
- what Substack is — and is not.
- how to get the most out of Substack as a reader and a writer.
- advantages and disadvantages to using Substack as a writer.
- how Substack is similar and different to other platforms.
- how other midlife writers are using Substack.
- questions to ask yourself before and after starting a Substack.
For the past decade, the HerStories Project has published writing by and for midlife women. We've published five anthologies, led dozens of writing groups, and taught writing online to hundreds of women.